Búzios is a resort town with over 20 beaches located approximately a hundred miles to the northeast of Rio de Janeiro.
![]() |
| A Buziana window. |
I’d made plans for us to stay with a guy called Paul at his condominium called Domus 7, so called because of the seven accommodations available. Paul is uncle to Steve Chatterley, picture editor at News Team International where I worked.
On arrival Paul collected us from the bus station and took us to Domus 7 where we were shown to our accommodation for the duration of our stay. We were put in a Duplex house which sleeps 4/5 people. The facilities were fantastic, a far cry from hostel life.
Paul introduced us to his partner, Vanusa and her son, Vitor before we all headed out into Búzios for a look around and some dinner. The evening ended with us sampling Venusa’s homemade Caipirinhas (made with Cachaça, sugar and lime). Delicious but lethal!
![]() |
| Our hosts in Buzios, Paul, Vitor and Vanusa. |
On Monday Paul acted as unofficial tour guide. He very kindly took us around Búzios and showed us some of the 20 or so beaches, each different from the last. We ate a lunch of fresh fish and french fries on ferradura beach washed down with ice cold Itaipava.
![]() |
| A Buziana owl. |
We spent Tuesday at the beach before we all headed out to Venusa’s home city of Cabo Frio (Cold Cape), around twenty minutes by car from Búzios, for Churrasco. Churrasco is essentially different cuts of grilled meat. The waiters move around the restaurant with skewers, slicing different cuts of meat onto your plate. The restaurant we ate at was all you can eat. Serious meat sweats ensued! Scott, you would have been in your element!
| Lise and I post churrasco. |
![]() |
| Três Pescadore. |
![]() |
| A real life pescadore. |
It was Wednesday and time for us to head back to Rio de Janeiro. On arriving back in Ipanema I headed for the travel agents and booked my flight to Salvador. I leave Saturday.





6 comments:
First Comment!! :)
Sounds like you've had a good few days of relaxation. I can imagine having somewhere nice to stay was a nice change from the hostels that you'll be back at by now. How good are caipirinhas!! best cocktail ever! Sounds like your having a great time Lee, keep up the posts, and keep enjoying every minute...
Speak to you soon,
Steph, xx
Hey Stephie, Yeah you did it! First in there! Congratulations! Ha ha! Buzios was nice and relaxing but you wouldn't want any more than a few days there. There’s not really much to do apart from relax on one of the many beaches. I booked my flight to Salvador last night. Head there on Saturday which means I have a couple more days than I wanted in Rio but the weather is nice so I'm just going to chill on the beach and try and save some money. Anyhoot, I'll speak to you soon. X
Hello matey,
Pictures and blog are awesome, i feel like i've been to some of the places myself ha ha!! How long is your next stop in Salvador for pal?
Take care of yourself.
Gregg
Hello Pal, Thanks for that. Hope you are well and looking after yourself. Can you send me an email me so as I have your email address? Heading to Salvador tomorrow (Sat). I'll probably stay there for five days or so I think. We'll see. Take care pal and I'll catch up with you soon.
Life sounds complete hell for you mate! Hope all went well in Buzios and that you were well looked after. Looking forward to you next update. Take it easy amigo, Chatts.
PS. Do a google search on dormouse bridges in South Wales - First day back and I got six page leads I even did it on commission for the Daily Mail - every dog has his day.......
Ha ha! Nice one pal! We were really well looked after in Buzios by Paul and co. Arrived in Salvador last night. Speak soon, Lee.
Post a Comment