Brighton Beach with the city in the distance.
Beach boxes on Brighton Beach.
Whilst in Melbourne I’ve watched England annihilate Australia in the Boxing Day Test then loose by four runs in the Twenty20 at the MCG. I’ve seen Melbourne Rebels (Danny Cipriani’s new team) beat Tonga at Melbourne’s Olympic Park, watched Melbourne Heart draw with Gold Coast United at the new Aami Park and most recently enjoyed a day relaxing in the sun and drinking beer at the Australian Open Tennis.
A sunbaked Margaret Court at the Australian Open Tennis.
A tram on Swanston Street in Melbourne.
The entrance to Luna Park in St Kilda.
The iconic Flinders Street Station.
In between I’ve travelled The Great Ocean Road, spent a week by the beach in Lorne, seen the Twelve Apostles, a collection of eight limestone rock stacks jutting from the water in the Port Campbell National Park, caught the ferry from Anglesea to Blairgowrie where Stephie’s parents have a beach house and have been well and truly dumped in the waves at Portsea Beach.
Fishing on Lorne Pier.
Feeding a Kookaburra on the balcony in Lorne.
Some of the Twelve Apostles on a very wet day.
On top of all that I’ve become an uncle again – Congratulations Lindsay and Dave on the birth of baby Jude!
I leave Melbourne early tomorrow morning (Sat) and fly to Alice Springs via Adelaide where I’ll take a tour to Uluru (Ayres Rock).










3 comments:
Good to have you back Ram Man!
Sorry to see that life has not been treating you well in Aus - You make me sick!!!!
Not missing much here except that the mighty blues have reached the league cup final after a great 2 legged game against West Ham (2-1 down after first leg / Upton Park) and despite being 1-0 down at half time at St Andrews, they scored 2 second half goals and an extra time winner to take them through......Probably get whacked against Arsenal in the final.
Other than that, nothing else to report. Hope you had a good xmas and new year!
Take care mate.
Chatts!
PS. I did try leaving a comment on a previous update - but for some reason couldn't????? Probably me being a simpleton!
Hello pal,
Good to hear from you.
I've enabled the anti-spam function which means when you leave a comment I receive an email and have to say if the comment is spam or not before it will appear.
Hope all is well with you Mon Ami.
Speak soon,
Lee
Hello uncle Lee,
Glad you enjoyed your time in Melbourne. The pictures are very good yet again. Look forward to skypeing you again very soon.
Take care
Love you
Auntie Coral & Nan xx
Post a Comment