After a week of sun in the islands of Fiji we arrived to cold, wind and rain in Melbourne. I would be spending Christmas with Stephie and her family at their home in Brighton, a far cry from some of the hostels, dorms and campsites I’d stayed at over the last four months.
It was my first Christmas away from the UK and knowing what the weather was like back home, it didn’t feel much like Christmas in sunny Melbourne, but Stephie and her family did their best to get me in the Christmas spirit which involved eating lots of mince pies.
We had a Christmas lunch of crayfish, prawns and oysters to start followed by roast duck and roasted vegetables with chocolate mud cakes, crème brulee and mini pavlovas with summer fruits for dessert. It was quite a surreal experience to be eating Christmas lunch outside but a very memorable and delicious one.
Boxing Day arrived and that meant one thing, the Boxing Day Test at the MCG. I went to the game with three Australians, Rob Wise, Ricky Frost and another guy called Mase. It was an unbelievable experience to witness such an extraordinary day’s cricket in such a magnificent stadium. The atmosphere was something else.
The weather has continued to improve in the last week and I am looking forward to going to Lorne on The Great Ocean Road next week with Stephie and some of her friends. Wishing you all a belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
TTFN!




8 comments:
great view of the stadium and what a day to go!!! your dessert puts my bananas and custard to shame my very favourite pavolova...mmmmmmmm
Stephanie looks really well as do you, glad you enjoyed your different christmas you will be pleased to know the dinner was a success am very pleased with myself...xxx enjoy the rest of Australia look forward to our next skype love you...xxxx
Hey mate,
Christmas dinner looked nice, different but then you wouldn't want what we had. The barbie looked great and I could definatley eat some of those puddings. Glad you had a great time at the cricket, made even better by England retaining the Ashes-what a game to go to!!!
Continue to have a great time in Oz and enjoy the beach with Stephi and her mates.
lots of love and kisses
Linz, Dave and baby Joey
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Mum & Linz, Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. Scott emailed me some pictures - looked like you had a lot of fun! Not long to go now Linz! Keep me posted - whatever the time! Speak to you soon, Lee. X
Hey Lee, nice pics, your tan is nice and topped up i see! Glad to see your having a good time, your chrimbo dinner looks fab but totally wrong for christmas day (in a good way!). happy new year to you lovelies, teresa xx
Happy New Year Lee, Glad you enjoyed your Cup of Tea at Gemma's i hear she does a good brew. Well Xmas day looked like a memorable day, the dinner look very appetising and certainly different to the turkey sandwiches you'd probably of had at night time. The MCG test, what a day to go, I stayed up till about 3AM to watch it and was brilliant to see the English Fans have a good day out at Melbourne for once. Ashes coming home. How did New Year Go??? Send my regards to Stephie. Boogie
Hello Boog, I had a great Christmas and New Year thanks, made all the better by the cricket! The atmosphere at the MCG will live long in the memory. Happy New Year to you and yours pal. Lee
Hello uncle lee, what good news what do you think of the photo of him.
You will have to skype her. Love you lots Auntie Coral xx
Hey Coral,
It's absolutely fantastic news. I am so happy that everything went OK and they are all doing well. I can't wait to meet the little fella! I hope you and Nan are OK. Love to you both and I'll speak to you soon, Lee
X
Post a Comment