My ultimate destination was Milford Sound located over a thousand kilometres away in the south west of the island but first I had to drive back on myself to the small town of Motueka in order to travel south on account of there being no onward road at Kaiteriteri.
From Motueka I travelled to Greymouth, stopping off on route to see the famous Pancake Rocks, so called on account that they resemble stacked pancakes before heading to Franz Joseph to see both the Franz Joseph and Fox glaciers.
In between watching England humiliate the Aussies in the second Ashes test I found time to drive to Milford sound along the stunningly beautiful Te Anau to Milford Highway.

The scenery was something else, the kind that if you’re not careful you’ll find yourself driving off the side of a mountain whilst you’re busy gawping at it beautiful. Once there I took a cruise out onto the Sound which included a visit to the Discovery Centre with its underwater observatory.
From Te Anau I headed cross country to Dunedin and back up the east coast to Christchurch. After covering 5073km in almost four weeks I leave Christchurch early on Sunday morning and fly back to Auckland from where I catch a connecting flight to Fiji.




5 comments:
Hi Lee, great to see you enjoying your adventure...It was good to read your comment on my blog.. I see you are going to Milford sound, I went there while working on the QE2 it is amazing Scenery enjoy it mate and we will get together for a beer and swap tales when we are both back in Leics....
Take care buddy
Trev
Hey mate,
great pics yet again, looks like New Zealand had amazing landscapes.
Looking forward to seeing Fiji and some of Oz.
Talk soon
Lots of love
Linz, Dave and Baby Joey
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Lee
Boogie here, sorry its been a while, the trip is looking amazing and am jealous of the places you've seen as they all look like they tell a story in their own right. I've emailed Gemma and she told me you stopped by to say hello, hope she got the tea and bsicuits out for you?? Have a cracking christmas in Austrlia and enjoy the new year festivities. Regards Boogie
Hey Boogie, How you doing pal?! Good to hear from you. I'm good thanks. Was really good to see Gemma and have a decent cuppa! Have a great Christmas mate and a Happy New Year! Lee
Hope you had a Merry Christmas Lee. Happy New Year too wherever you may be!
Pondy
Post a Comment