Sunday, 12 September 2010

More Buenos Aires

Recoletta is a downtown, affluent neighbourhood in Buenos Aires of historical importance due particularly to Recoletta Cemetery which is situated there.




It was the first public cemetery in Buenos Aires and is where Eva Perón (Evita) is buried. The cemetery contains many elaborate marble tombs, the majority of which are elaborately decorated in a variety of architectural styles.







I spent the best part of Wednesday walking around the area and the cemetery before returning to the hostel for what was quite possibly the best ever BBQ I have ever been too. The meat was out of this world; steak, chicken and fresh chorizo sausage, a meat lover’s paradise!


Fresh chorizo sausage - deeelicious!


After checking out the riverfront area of Puerto Madero I spent the remainder of Thursday revisiting San Telmo and paid a visit to Plaza Dorrego Cafe where scenes from The Godfather were filmed (thanks Pondy).


Puente de la Mujer (woman’s bridge).

On Friday I walked around Palermo Soho which has a completely different vibe to anything else I’d experienced in Buenos Aires. It’s a really chilled out neighbourhood with lots of cafés, restaurants, boutiques and bars. Very cool!

I didn’t do much at all on Saturday. I chilled out for the most part before going for a stroll around Recoletta market. I had dinner with a few guys from the hostel then headed to Palermo for my last night in Buenos Aires.

After just a few hours sleep I jumped in a cab and headed for the airport for my flight to the end of the world!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Oh my god, the BBQ sounded great Dave and Scott would have been in their element!
Palermo soho looked cool, slightly more modern than the rest of Argentina. Continue to enjoy and explore,
much love and kisses
Linz, Dave and Joey xxxxx