Monday, 20 September 2010

Puerto Moreno Glacier

Today I visited the Puerto Moreno Glacier which is located in the Los Glaciares National Park in the south of Santa Cruz province, Argentina, approximately 80 kilometres from El Calafate.

The glacier is approximately 19 kilometres long, 5 kilometres wide and is unbelievably still growing!

I’m travelling to San Carlos de Bariloche, approximately 1400 kilometres north of El Calafate in a few hours and so I will write a more detailed post when I get there.

I just wanted to upload a picture of what has to be the most stunning sight I have ever witnessed. Quite amazing!


3 comments:

mum said...

hey son, what a really lovely sight, I am so envious of you , even the cold weather does not put you off the beautiful sights that you are seeing. Long bus journey but you still get to see some local sights and have a bit of a snooze. Glad you are ok will email later love you loads, hugs and kisses from mum...x
x xxxx xxx

teresa said...

Wow thats amazing! Really enjoying reading your blog, im actually learning something new aswell (oxygen & blue ice - no way!). Glad your feeling better, take care lovelies, teresa xxx

Lee said...

Hey lovelies! How are things with you? Really good to hear from you! Feeling much better now thank you. Glad you are enjoying the blog! Speak soon, Lee. x