Tuesday, 21 September 2010

More Puerto Moreno Glacier

I arrived in San Carlos de Bariloche, the Argentine Lake District, earlier today after a nightmare 32 hour plus bus journey which somehow saw one of the drivers (there are always two) fall from the vehicle as we rounded a bend.

The door somehow came open and he fell from the passenger seat. The only thing which prevented him from rolling down the mountainside was the metal crash barrier. He suffered quite serious head injuries and was taken to hospital but he was conscious and talking so fingers crossed he will be OK.

On a lighter note I’ve uploaded a few more pictures from my visit to the Puerto Moreno Glacier on Sunday. I hope you like them.





Huge slabs of ice fell from the glacier making a thunderous sound.






5 comments:

Steph said...

Hey Lee,
Just a quick one to say I hope your feeling better after what must have been a really scary experience on the bus.
Also on a lighter note...I love the photos of the glacier...especially the one of the ice breaking away from the glacier...amazing to see...I cant imagine how loud the crack must have been! Keep the great photos coming.
Enjoy the next few days..speak soon.
Stephie.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee, Nellie here again. I'm hooked on your blog - feel as though I'm learning loads through your travels! I think your pictures are amazing - the recent glazier ones are spectacular.
Keep them coming and take care (don't sit anywhere near the bus drivers!).

mum said...

Hey son, lovely to see you last night (on skype) hope you have recovered from your dreadful bus journey do hope it will not leave any lasting impressions on you...x
Yet again more lovely camera work, hope it is not too cold for you there, we have had a lovely day here. The bird is very colourful somehow our starlings do not quite match up:( off to bed now sleep well and speak to you soon love you loads big hugs and kisses from mum...x
x XXXX XXX

Lee said...

Hey Nellie, Thank you. Seriously though the landscape here is so amazing it's hard not to take nice pictures. How you doing? Keeping Mum out of mischief I hope?! Glad to hear you are enjoying the blog and I'll take your advice re: bus drivers. x

Linz said...

Hey mate,
Mum told me about the bus journey, that must of been awful. I can imagine you did not feel great after seeing the bus driver as I know how queasy you get on seeing blood!! I agree with Steph the pic of the glacier falling into the water is awesome, think thats another one for my wall!!!
Keep safe, miss you so much, the house is too quiet without you. Though Joeys arrival will change things I'm sure.
Lots of love & Kisses
Linz, Dave and baby Joey xxxx
p.s Fearne Cotton and Denise Van Outen are off to do the inca trail for charity this weekend!!! xx